Top Stories

  • Roberto Martínez sacked by Everton after disappointing season - The Guardian

    Roberto Martínez sacked by Everton after disappointing season - The Guardian;

    Roberto Martínez has appeared to have been on the brink of the sack for most of this year. Photograph: Ian MacNicol/Getty Images. Share on Facebook · Share on Twitter · Share via Email; View more sharing options; Share on LinkedIn · Share on Pinterest ...and more »

  • Everton hope to tempt Ronald Koeman with lure of record transfer budget - The Guardian

    Everton hope to tempt Ronald Koeman with lure of record transfer budget - The Guardian;

    Ronald Koeman has yet to commit to a new contract at Southampton and has just over 12 months remaining on his deal. Photograph: Mike Hewitt/Getty Images. Share on Facebook · Share on Twitter · Share via Email; View more sharing options; Share on ...and more »

  • David Unsworth tells Everton's players they owe Goodison Park a performance - The Guardian

    David Unsworth tells Everton's players they owe Goodison Park a performance - The Guardian;

    Everton's David Unsworth, left, shares a joke with the Under-18s manager John Ebbrell. Photograph: TGSPhoto/Rex/Shutterstock. Share on Facebook · Share on Twitter · Share via Email; View more sharing options; Share on LinkedIn · Share on Pinterest ...and more »

  • Roberto Martinez: Everton confirm manager has been sacked ahead of final game of season - The Independent

    Roberto Martinez: Everton confirm manager has been sacked ahead of final game of season - The Independent;

    The Spaniard had been under immense pressure following a dismal season that sees the club currently sitting 12th in the Premier League. It means his last game was a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Sunderland. The club confirmed the move on Twitter after a ...and more »

  • Everton Sack Manager Roberto Martinez - NDTVSports.com

    Everton Sack Manager Roberto Martinez - NDTVSports.com;

    Everton have sacked manager Roberto Martinez, the Premier League club announced on Thursday, confirming widespread reports in the British media. In place since joining from Wigan Athletic in 2013, the 42-year-old Spaniard paid the price for a run of ...and more »

  • Everton postpone end of season awards with just TWO HOURS notice after Roberto Martinez sacking - Mirror.co.uk

    Everton postpone end of season awards with just TWO HOURS notice after Roberto Martinez sacking - Mirror.co.uk;

    Everton have postponed their end of season awards following the sacking of Roberto Martinez as the club's manager. The Toffees were due to host the annual event at St George's Hall this evening, but say they do not feel it appropriate given the earlier ...and more »

  • Jose Mourinho Should Be Everton's First Choice Manager, Says Joey Barton - Newsweek

    Jose Mourinho Should Be Everton's First Choice Manager, Says Joey Barton - Newsweek;

    Jose Mourinho at Chelsea Training Ground, Cobham, November 6, 2015. Joey Barton says Everton should try and get Mourinho as manager. Jordan Mansfield/Getty. Sports Jose Mourinho Everton Manchester United. Everton should aim for the best and try to ...and more »

  • Southampton boss Ronald Koeman interested in vacant Everton manager role - Metro

    Southampton boss Ronald Koeman interested in vacant Everton manager role - Metro;

    The Toffees are on the lookout for a new boss after sacking Roberto Martinez on Thursday, and the 53-year-old is on their shortlist, according to the Liverpool Echo. Koeman has impressed with the Saints, keeping them challenging for the top six despite ...and more »

  • Roberto Martinez sacked: Romelu Lukaku, John Stones and other Everton players who could be poached - The Independent

    Roberto Martinez sacked: Romelu Lukaku, John Stones and other Everton players who could be poached - The Independent;

    The Spaniard's defensive recruitment left a lot to be desired, no doubt, but his side's attacking play was among the most devastating in the Premier League. One of the main complaints among supporters at Goodison Park was that Martinez had failed, ...and more »

  • Roberto Martinez: Who is in contention to be the next Everton manager? - The Independent

    Roberto Martinez: Who is in contention to be the next Everton manager? - The Independent;

    The Independent understands that the 42-year-old Spaniard has been dismissed by the club's hierarchy before the final game of the season, with an announcement expected later on Thursday. Martinez, who arrived at the club from Wigan Athletic in the ...and more »