This RSS feed URL is deprecated

How Manchester bomber Salman Abedi was radicalised by his links to Libya - The Guardian

“Whoever played with his mind, as he saw the kids coming out [of the arena] – all the happy faces – he should have changed his mind.” Those were the words late last week of Hisham Ben Ghalbon, a proud Manchester resident, a Libyan and a man, like so ...and more »

Huge scale of terror threat revealed: UK home to 23000 jihadists - The Times

Intelligence officers have identified 23,000 jihadist extremists living in Britain as potential terrorist attackers, it emerged yesterday. The scale of the challenge facing the police and security services was disclosed by Whitehall sources after ...and more »

Terrorists who helped Salman Abedi bomb Manchester Arena could still be at large warns Home Secretary - Mirror.co.uk

Terrorists who helped Salman Abedi bomb the Manchester Arena could still be at large, Home Secretary Amber Rudd warned today. Ms Rudd said "potentially" other members of Abedi's group could still be free and "we can't be entirely sure that it is closed ...and more »

Manchester attacks: MI5 probes bomber 'warnings' - BBC News

MI5 is to hold an inquiry into the way it dealt with warnings from the public that the Manchester suicide bomber, Salman Abedi, was a potential threat. The security service, which was alerted to Abedi's extremist views three times prior to last Monday ...and more »

A far-reaching police response: Every arrest and raid in connection with the Manchester Arena bomb - Manchester Evening News

Enter your postcode to see news and information near you Community updates, Crime Statistics, Local News & Events and much more... Play Video. Play. Mute. Current Time 0:00. /. Duration Time 0:00. Loaded: 0%. Progress: 0%. Stream TypeLIVE. Remaining ...and more »

MI5 opens inquiries into missed warnings over Manchester terror threat - The Guardian

Police officers guard the entrance to a street in Moss Side where raids took place on Sunday. Photograph: John Super/AFP/Getty Images. UK news. MI5 opens inquiries into missed warnings over Manchester terror threat. Security service will explore ...and more »

Manchester bombing: Three men released without charge as investigation into terror attack continues - The Independent

Three men arrested in connection with the Manchester attack have been released without charge as evidence mounts that Salman Abedi may have built the bomb detonated at Manchester Arena himself. Greater Manchester Police said 11 suspects remain in ...and more »

Police make further arrests over Manchester terror attack - Financial Times

Police investigating the Manchester terror attack made more arrests on Sunday, with two men aged 25 and 19, held on suspicion of offences contrary to the terrorism act. The first arrest was in the Old Trafford area, and the second was in Gorton. The ...and more »

Manchester attack: Abedi 'not known' to Prevent scheme - BBC News

Manchester suicide attacker Salman Abedi was not known to the government's Prevent scheme, police have said. Ian Hopkins, chief constable of Greater Manchester Police, told BBC Radio Manchester the bomber was arrested for minor offences in 2012 ...and more »

Armed police arrest man during fresh raids in Manchester bomb investigation - The Guardian

Police raid a property near Quantock Street in Moss Side, Manchester, in connection to last week's terrorist attack. Photograph: Frances Perraudin for the Guardian. UK news. Armed police arrest man during fresh raids in Manchester bomb investigation ...and more »