This RSS feed URL is deprecated

After the hurricane, the dangers are still lurking — inside your home - USA TODAY

When homeowners survive a beast like Irma, they breathe easy after the brutal winds and gushing storm surge have moved on. But be wary, safety experts say: The post-hurricane period is laced with danger for returning and recovering residents — and the ...and more »

3 die of carbon monoxide poisoning in 'tragic accident,' deputies say - WKMG Orlando

ORLANDO, Fla. - An adult and two teenagers died in a "tragic accident" Tuesday after Orange County deputies said a generator was used inside an Orlando home that did not have power after Hurricane Irma. The Orange County Sheriff's Office on Wednesday ...and more »

3 dead, 4 hospitalized with carbon-monoxide poisoning from generator after Hurricane Irma - Orlando Sentinel

Three people died of carbon-monoxide poisoning on Tuesday from a generator that was running inside their Orange County home after Hurricane Irma, the Sheriff's Office said. Four other members of the multigenerational family were taken to Florida ...and more »

Titsuville family warns others about generator use after close call - WKMG Orlando

TITUSVILLE, Fla. - Albert Mattern and his family are recovering in their Titusville home after a carbon monoxide poisoning scare Tuesday morning. After the family ran a generator in their garage, Mattern and his seven family members were hospitalized ...and more »

1 dead, 3 treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Daytona Beach - Local 10

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - A woman was killed and three others were hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning in Daytona Beach after a generator was used inside their house in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma, authorities said. The Daytona Beach Fire ...and more »

Hurricane Irma: Carbon monoxide poisoning hospitalizes 8 in Titusville - Florida Today

Carbon monoxide poisoning led to paramedics hospitalizing eight people Tuesday, according to the Brevard County Emergency Operations Center and the Titusville Fire Department. The emergency happened at a home in the 1600 block of Gayle Avenue. Brevard ...and more »

Woman with generator in garage hospitalized after possible carbon monoxide poisoning - TCPalm

PALM CITY — A woman was taken Tuesday in serious condition to a hospital after a possible case of carbon monoxide poisoning after officials realized a generator was running in her garage, a Martin County Fire Rescue official said. As many on the ...and more »

Orlando Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Update: Authorities ID 3 Victims - Patch.com

ORLANDO, FL — Authorities have identified two teens and a woman who apparently died from carbon monoxide poisoning in Orlando following Hurricane Irma. An Orange County deputy responded to the home on the 5600 block of Eggleston Avenue on Tuesday ...and more »

CO poisoning from generator at Orange County home kills 3, hospitalizes 4, officials say - WFTV Orlando

ORLANDO, Fla. - Three people died and four others were hospitalized Tuesday after suffering suspected carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator at an Orange County home, officials said. Desiree Diaz Molina, Kiara Lebroz Diaz, 16, Jan Lebron Diaz, 13 ...and more »

How To Avoid Generator Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Patch.com

Many communities affected by Hurricane Irma are still without electricity, which means that more households are turning to gas generators for backup power. And while power outages come with their own set of risks, misuse of these gasoline generators ...and more »